Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2015 WDW Marathon Weekend Registration

Today at 12 PM EST, registration opens to the public for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events. This race weekend takes place January 7-11, 2015 at the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida! There are a lot of events happening this weekend including a 5K, 10K, half marathon, full marathon, along with two huge challenges. The first is the Goofy Challenge (2015 will be the 10th anniversary), which is when you run the half marathon then the full the very next day (includes three medals), and the other is the 2nd annual Dopey Challenge, which is running all four races in four days (includes SIX medals)!

With the Goofy Challenge being an anniversary year (and the fact that runDisney revealed the awesome special medal for it), expect it to sell out fast. My guess is that the Dopey Challenge and individual races will sell out very quickly as well. If you want to run any of the races, I highly recommend registering as soon as it opens. Robert and I will both be participating in the 2015 Dopey Challenge, so we’ll see you there! My main goal is going to be to ride Expedition Everest while running the full marathon!

Schedule of Events

$225 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge Package
$225 Dopey Challenge

Pasta in the Park Party
$54 Adult
$30 Child

Proof of Time

If you plan to finish Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours or the Marathon in less than 6:30 hours, proof of time is required. Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should use the Full Marathon proof of time requirements.

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following:
Half Marathon - 10K or longer
Full Marathon - 10 Miles or longer

• Name of Race, Date, & Distance (race must have taken place after January 1, 2013)
  • City, State
  • Finish time

If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. You MUST have a proof of time submitted by October 10, 2014, or you will be put in the last race corral.

Submit all Proof of Times to: disneysports@trackshack.com.

**IMPORTANT**: You cannot bring proof of time to the Race Expo to change your start corral anymore.

Registration Policy & Deferrals

• All race fees are non-refundable.

• You may NOT transfer your registration to another participant.

• All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
  • Deferrals: You may defer your registration for the Marathon to 2016, on or before December 18, 2014. There is a $45 fee if completed by November 20, 2014, and a $70 fee is completed between November 21 and December 18, 2014 (no deferrals for the 5K or Kids’ Races).
  • The deferral link will be available June 1, 2014.

QOTD: Are you running any of the events during the 2015 WDW Marathon weekend?

20 comments

1. I won't be registering this time around, but I hope everyone who wants to get in is able to! These races have been selling out so crazy fast lately!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - they are going to have to keep creating more races so more people get a chance to runDisney lol!

2. Good luck getting in to Dopey!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Robert and I both got in! :0)

3. We haven't registered yet but are hoping to! The one thing I don't understand or think is fair is the time you have to submit for each race. Tell me if this is correct. If you are doing just the half, you can submit a 10K time. If you are doing the marathon, you have to submit a 10 mile time ( or longer). This is all fine and all, but if you are doing the Goofy Challenge, you have to submit a 10 miler or half marathon time for both. The reason I don't like this is because I have a very good 10K time that I would like to submit for the half but because I am doing Goofy Challenge ( or plan to) I have to submit a half marathon time. That leaves me to submit my one from PHM in which I ran it injured! Not really a time I want to submit. Okay, I guess I will stop complaining on your blog now..lol. I guess I just need to improve my speed and submit another race between now and Oct 10. So is that actually the cut off date for re-submitting time? I thought last year it went into November? That stinks cus I actually have a half coming up in November. O well!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, but from what I understand, they actually bump you back corrals anyway if you are doing Dopey. I guess they figure your estimated finish times won't be totally accurate since your legs will be tired? Who knows lol. Which race(s) are y'all registering for?!

4. Congrats on you two going for Dopey! I have the same goal for the marathon- to ride Everest! And to finish, of course. ;)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love the concept of riding one of my fave Disney rides in the middle of running a marathon. Only at Disney World! :0) I am so excited you'll be there next year!

5. I may or may not have had a small heart attack at those race fees... OH MY GOSH...
    But I know its worth it :)
    Something to look so forward to!! I'll live through you again :)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! They are going to go up every year I bet, too. But like you said, it is soooo worth it - Disney knows how to put on a great race and create awesome medals! I

6. Kudos to you for doing Dopey! I won't be doing any Disney races next year, but I'm hoping to convince my sister to do one with me in 2016!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you can convince your sister to run with you!

7. Ah you lucky duck!! I wish I was able to do Dopey this year! Riding Everest during the marathon will be EPIC!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too! Riding Everest during the marathon is going to be nothing short of epic!! :0)

8. So excited you'll be running Dopey! Can't wait to follow along with your training. You are going to LOVE it, and the fact that you guys are running together...priceless. :)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha reminds me of a MasterCard commercial...
      Dopey Challenge, $530
      Running together, priceless
      For everything else {aka the rest of your Disney vacation}, there's MasterCard lol!

Can't wait to see you and Todd there!

9. I ran the Disney World Marathon a few years back when they used to run the half and full at the same time. I love how they break it up now, I think I would enjoy it much more now. So fun, you're going to have a great time and trip!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am so excited for it! How did you like the course going through all 4 parks? I bet it is awesome!

10. I'm doing the 10k! I'm not sure why runDisney has the escalated fees for registering later in the year if they're selling out the first day, LOL!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know right!! I couldn't agree more! See you in January! :0)