Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Registration

Today at 12 PM EST, registration opens to the public for the 2014 runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. I am thrilled to say that Robert and I will be signing up for both the 5K and half marathon this year! Ever since I discovered runDisney, I have been so excited to run this race, and this year will mark it’s 5th anniversary as a Disney race!

image

These events take place at Walt Disney World in Florida the weekend of November 8-9, 2014. The half marathon is a night race, beginning at 10 PM, and goes through THREE of the Disney parks! After you finish, there is an after-party (which I hear is second to none) at EPCOT until 4 AM. The vendors for the International Food & Wine Festival stay open for the runners (included with race registration) and spectators (must purchase a separate ticket for the after-party). Oh, and did I mention that all the Christmas decorations will be up for the race?!

In addition to the half marathon and after-party, there is also an expo, a 5K, kids’ races, and a pre-race taste. The pre-race taste is a separately-ticketed event which takes place the evening before the half marathon at the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunts Show inside the Hollywood Studios park. Each ticket gets you early entry to Hollywood Studios (6 PM), private party, 4 tastes from the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, one drink coupon, access to a cash bar, and character meet-and-greets.

Schedule of Events

Disney's Health & Fitness Expo
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Friday, November 7, 2014
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Saturday, November 8, 2014

Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste
Party at Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show inside Disney's Hollywood Studios
6:30 to 8:30 PM on Friday, November 7, 2014

$15 by August 19, 2014
$20 on or after August 20, 2014

runDisney 1-Mile Run
$30 by August 19, 2014
$35 on or after August 20, 2014

Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste Tickets
$79 for Adults (ages 3 and up)
Children under 3 do not need a ticket

Finish Line Party Tickets
$75 by August 12, 2014
$85 between August 13 and October 28, 2014
$95 on or after October 29, 2014

Proof of Time

If you plan to finish The Wine & Dine Half Marathon in less than 3:15, proof of time is required.

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following:

• Name of Race, Date, & Distance (race must have taken place after October 1, 2012)
  • City, State
  • Finish time

If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. You MUST have a proof of time submitted by August 1, 2014, or you will be put in the last race corral.

Submit all Proof of Times to: disneysports@trackshack.com.

**IMPORTANT**: You cannot bring proof of time to the Race Expo to change your start corral anymore.

Registration Policy & Deferrals

• All race fees are non-refundable.
  • You may NOT transfer your registration to another participant.
  • All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
  • Deferrals: You may defer your registration to the 2015 Wine & Dine Half Marathon subject to availability, on or before October 23, 2014. There is a $45 fee if completed by September 25, 2014, and a $70 fee is completed between September 26 and October 23, 2014 (no deferrals for the 5K or Kids’ Races).
  • The deferral link will be available June 1, 2014.

2013 Race Medal

QOTD: Will you be registering for any of the events during the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend?

14 comments

1. We were not planning on wine n dine weekend this year since we went last year, but now you are tempting me since you said it is the 5 year anniversary! We have another destination race the following weekend so it may be difficult for us to get away 2 weekends in a row, but it's worth a try!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doooo it!!! What's one more race in 2014 ;0) I hope I see y'all there!

2. Ahhhh! So jealous of everyone signing up today! I would love to but can't swing more than one trip a year, Disney prices me out. :( I can't wait to hear all about it though!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... they need to stop raising their prices every year. Eventually they'll get to a point where the cost outweighs the benefit! Let's hope it doesn't get that bad, though. I wish you were gonna be there this year!!

3. I'm all registered...can't wait! :0)

ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm excited that so many bloggers will be there - will you be attending the #runnerslove meet-up?!

2. I didn't know there was one but I really want to! Can I bring my mom? haha

3. Yup they made facebook group for it (search #runnerslove), the date/time is still TBA but there will be one!! And yes, of course your mom can come :0)

5. My husband and I are registered! I also heard there will be a special anniversary medal for this year only! :)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Yes, that is what I heard too - can't wait to see that medal!

6. I'm all registered too! My mom is running it as well! It will be her first half so I am really excited to be there for her!

ReplyDelete