Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2014 Avengers Half Marathon Registration

Today at 12 PM EST, registration opens to the public for the 2014 inaugural runDisney Avengers Half Marathon weekend. This race weekend takes place November 14-16 2014 at Disneyland, California for the very first time! I’m rather excited for runDisney to reveal the medal for this race, not gonna lie.

image

Based on the history of Disneyland races, the 5K and half marathon will both probably sell out quickly. Robert and I won’t be participating this year, but we have definitely added it to our 2015 race calendar! Tomorrow I plan on sitting back and watching just how fast it sells out – my guess is within an hour or two.

Schedule of Events

Bronze - $0
Silver - $39
Gold - $59
Platinum - $99
Under 3 - $0

Proof of Time

If you plan to finish The Avengers Half Marathon in less than 3:15, proof of time is required.

A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following:

• Name of Race, Date, & Distance (race must have taken place after August 1, 2012)
  • City, State
  • Finish time

If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. You MUST have a proof of time submitted by August 1, 2014, or you will be put in the last race corral.

Submit all Proof of Times to: disneysports@trackshack.com.

**IMPORTANT**: You cannot bring proof of time to the Race Expo to change your start corral anymore.

Registration Policy & Deferrals

• All race fees are non-refundable.

• You may NOT transfer your registration to another participant.

• All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
  • Deferrals: You may defer your registration to the 2015 Avengers Half Marathon subject to availability, on or before October 30, 2014. There is a $45 fee if completed by October 2, 2014, and a $70 fee is completed between October 3 and October 30, 2014 (no deferrals for the 5K or Kids’ Races).
  • The deferral link will be available August 1, 2014.

QOTD: Will you be participating in any of the events for the 2014 Avengers Half Marathon weekend?

12 comments

1. My guess is a couple hours as well. I'll watch the boards and FB to see how fast it goes, but this is a race I'm not interested in. The price hurts too :-/

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe how fast the 5K sold out...26 minutes! Craziness!

Yeah, the price isn't ideal but it won't deter many people... I definitely still want to run this race lol!

2. Nope not us! The whole Avengers theme doesn't really appeal to us. ( Honestly I don't even know who they are..lol)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! The Avengers movies really are fantastic...I highly recommend them :0)

3. Replies
    1. So exciting! I love your USO costume idea for the 5K!

4. I want to run this but it is so close to Wine & Dine that it is definitely out for this year. Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll get out there to run it but the prices are already so high and I know it is just going to keep increasing... ouch!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine & Dine for us this year too... need that Coast to Coast medal! I can't believe how much the prices seem to increase each year... even the Dopey challenge price increased by like $35 from 2014 to 2015. I hope they take the bloggers advice for improvements who ran this year for next year's races!

5. This race is the only one my husband was like, "lets look at schedules & see if we can make it"... Where I'm a Princess Nut- he's a SuperHero FREAAKKKKKKKK... this one is going to be awesome!!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO! Y'all just need to make a deal... Princess Half and Avengers Half in 2015 so you can each have your race AND get a coast to coast medal!

6. Haven't heard of this one before, but I can see how it will likely draw some large crowds. Disney sure is getting into every aspect theme of running:)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! I can't believe how fast the races sold out, too. The 5K took 26 min and the half took a little under 2 hours!